If you want to slaughter the locust with an automatic rife with a chainsaw attachment or just blow the head off your buddy, well luckily, you can do that in games now. The Gears of War 3 beta will be available on April 25 to all who pre-order Gears of War 3 at GameStop. Want to play earlier and see the swag you get for playing the beta? Click the jump to find out!
Not early enough for you? Well, if you managed to grab the Bulletstorm: Epic Edition, you can play a week earlier than everyone else on April 18. So, if you haven’t grabbed this fun title and are on the fence about it, I would decide now.
Now, not only will you be playing Gears of War 3 super-early in little over a month, but you will get a bunch of goodies for the Gears of War 3 retail version coming this holiday. What’s in this care package you’ll be receiving by playing the beta…
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the “Gears 3″ multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate “Gears of War” fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.
But wait, there’s more! If you will be playing the beta on April 18th with your Bulletstrom: Epic Edition, you will be playing the new Team Deathmatch mode on four new maps (Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches, and Old Town). Trenches and Old Town were also the two maps selected by the fans on the Gears of War 3 facebook page.
Now, if you pre-order Gears of War 3, you will be joining the party on the 25th. On this day, two new modes will be added, which include Capture the Leader and King of the Hill.
The beta ends May 15 for all participants. This date was either decided because it was reasonable, or the more logical answer, it’s my birthday and they wanted to go out with a bang!
The Gears of War 3 beta will be available to all who pre-order Gears of War 3 or who buy the Bulletstorm: Epic Edition on April 18 (25) – May 15. The retail version is expected to release this holiday on the Xbox 360.