NCsoft Launches Aion 2.5: Empyrean Calling and 10-Day Free Trial
NCsoft, the world’s premier publisher and developer of Massively Multiplayer Online games (MMOs), transports players further into Atreia, the war-torn world literally split in two, with today’s 21:00 CEST launch of Aion 2.5 update – Aion: Empyrean Calling, the next exciting chapter in the epic storyline that continues to encapsulate thousands.
Empyrean Calling provides fantasy role players with requested features and content along with a way to experience it for free as part of a brand new Aion free trial program. So whether players choose to take on the imposing Balaur to disrupt their supply lines, battle through more than fifty challenges in rapid succession within the Empyrean Crucible, or jump in for the first time to experience what all the hype is about, Aion: Empyrean Calling features something for everyone!
“Aion is not the same game we launched nearly 21 months ago, as each update we’ve released brings players exciting new features and content they’ve been asking for, and the Empyrean Calling is no exception,” said Dominic Wai, brand manager, Aion. “The new instances, quality of life updates and the unique mentor reward system are only a few of the features players will experience when logging into the game today, and these are game changing features we are really excited to introduce to our players.”
The latest updatefeatures new content, play modes, areas to explore and bosses to battle. Here is a sample of the features players will be able to experience with the update:
- Esoterrace Instance: Triumphing over the Esoterrace region deprives the Balaur of vital resources needed for Tiamat’s Army to continue the war.
- Empyrean Crucible: The fast-paced battle arena where groups challenge 10 stages of enemies, each containing 5 successively difficult rounds. Who will be strong enough to survive?
- Graphics Updates: An optional upgrade, the new superior graphics engine option adds additional support for high-end graphics cards. When enabled, this setting offers brighter lighting, improved shading and textures. In addition an improved in-game map system offers clearer visuals and increased interactivity.
- News Skills and PvP Gear: Players will enjoy two new skills – Skill book and Stigma skills – and four custom skillsthat were added to each class. And while the new Eternal grade PvP armor sets and weapons (Asmodians can acquire the Archon Brigade General’s and Elyos the Guardian Brigade General’s set) cost a significant amount of Abyss points and Platinum Medals, players will immediately find they were well worth the investment.
- Mentor System: Help out fellow players who are at least 10 levels lower than you through a mutually beneficial arrangement, leading to rewards for everyone involved.
- Improved Character Customisation: Select from new face and body presets available, then change facial expression and shapes during character creation. New character animations and upgraded emotes have been added for an extra touch of style.
- Pet System Improvements: Adopt new pets through quests and new instances. Interact with pets through new emotes making them happier. Happy pets give gifts! Pets also have special functionality of their own which allow them to hold food, drink, and magic items to use automatically on its masters. Further more pet can now loot automatically — no more looting drudgery!
- Legion Expansions: Maximum Legion levels and ranks have increased from 3 to 5, with each level affording increases to maximum member caps and an expansion in the space in a Legion’s warehouse. New legion cloaks sport a re-tailored, bold new shape with new customisation options.
Players looking to jump back into the game or to experience Aion for the first time can take advantage of the new 10-day full client, level 20 cap, in an all new free trial program kicking off 26th May, 2011. Along with the regular in-game content, the Aion community team is hosting a variety of special in-game events providing players with a true taste of the game.