Payday: The Heist Gets New Update
Overkill Software and Sony Online Entertainment have announced that a new patch for Payday: The Heist is now available to PC and PlayStation 3 owners.
Key features of this game update include:
- Masks of Disguise: Feeling stately?Presidential masks are now available to those players that have reached level 145. Players can grab a Golden mask when all heists are completed on OVERKILL 145+. BEEEF masks have also been added to the game, and can be picked up in the lobby.
- OVERKILL 145+: Players that have reached level 145 can now play on a new difficulty called OVERKILL 145+, which opens up the possibility for new events and achievements. It also unlocks new weapons, such as the crowbar to open doors, as well as leaderboards.
- DROP-IN: With the added in-game drop-in ability, players can set the server to allow for others to join the game mid-heist. Players can also filter players by setting server reputation and difficulty requirements.
- SWAT Tactics: The SWAT captain has trained a slew of new recruits, resulting in challenging new tactics and counter measures for players to face on each of the heists.
- Sweet Moves: Players can check out new weapon animations for the Shotgun. Law enforcers now move more tactically than ever before. Even civilians have new dance animations in the DIAMOND HEIST.
- Portrait Window Additions: Players can now see the name of the character they are currently playing in the portrait window while in game.
- Compare Worldwide: PC Players can now view statistics on how many players in the world have completed the different heists on all difficulties through the ”SELECT HEIST” menu.
- Expanding Field of View (FoV): PC Players can now choose what FoV they want to use ranging from 60 to 100 through the advanced graphics menu.
- DIAMOND HEIST Music: For PC players, as a token of appreciation to the community, 200 of the most dedicated career criminals’ nicknames have been immortalized in-game. The DJ has added a new music track, doing shout-outs to 200 players in the community.
Have you downloaded the new patch? Let us know what you think in the comment section.